Hash browns are easy to make. Basically, all you have to do is grate up some potato, rinse off the starch, squeeze it dry, and cook the potato in a skillet with oil until crispy.
Ingredients for Homemade Hash Browns :
need is potatoes, olive oil or vegetable oil for frying, salt and pepper.
If you want to add more flavor you could also add additional seasoning. Good options include paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, dried herbs .
How to Make Hash Browns :
Shred potatoes on the large holes of the box grater .
Transfer shredded potatoes to a fine mesh sieve or colander and rinse while tossing a couple of times. Drain.
Transfer half of the potatoes to several layers of cheesecloth and squeeze as much liquid out as possible.
Season potatoes with salt and pepper.
Preheat a cast iron pan over medium-high heat.
Add oil to pan coating bottom evenly then add potatoes and spread even. Press down on potatoes with a spatula to flatten so bottom browns evenly.
until golden brown on bottom, then flip potatoes (in several portions) to opposite side.
Perfect Hash Browns ,golden brown and tender, diner style hash browns made and enjoyed in the comfort of home!
MORE Hash Browns RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Crispy Potatoes roast – easy favorite!
Ham and Potato Soup – quick and creamy
Roasted mushrooms – Easy and delicious!
Vegetable Beef Soup – Classic perfection
How To Make Hash Browns
- 3 large potatoes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Scrub the potatoes clean and grate them on a large-holed cheese grater .
- Drain the potatoes, and then place them potato on a clean tea towel or several paper towels. .
- Transfer the grated potato to a bowl and toss it with the salt, pepperand .
- In a large skillet , warm the olive oil over medium heat until shimmering and a piece of grated potato sizzles on contact. Spread the potatoes over the skillet in an even layer and press them down with a spatula. Let them cook, undisturbed, for 2 minutes.
- Stir again, press them down again, and cook for another 2 minutes. Repeat in 2-minute intervals, flipping in sections once they’re crispy enough to do so, until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer the hash browns to the lined plate and let them drain for a minute.
- Season to taste with additional salt, if necessary, and serve hot.