Hunan Chicken is an easy recipe to make and ready in about 30 minutes. It is filled with vegetables that make this savory dish nutritious, flavorful and very colorful!
Serve this yummy meal with Cheesy Potato Soup or even garlic shrimp for a great meal!
HOW DO YOU MAKE HUNAN CHICKEN?
This dish starts with thinly sliced chicken breast, pan seared to golden brown perfection. After the chicken is cooked, a variety of vegetables go into the pan including broccoli, bell peppers . A simple sauce of sauce, chili paste, and soy sauce is poured over the chicken and veggies, and everything is simmered together until thickened. Serve immediately, and enjoy!
Tender and juicy pieces of beautifully caramelized, richly flavored pieces of Hunan chicken tossed with vegetables roasted over high heat with garlic and ginger. This chicken is not only delicious but also healthy and light.
CHICKEN STIR FRY VARIATIONS
This Hunan chicken is vibrant and delicious; however, you can make changes to suit your taste.
Vegetables: You can use any vegetables you like such as carrots, onions, mushrooms, zucchini or eggplant.
Meat: You can make this recipe with thinly sliced beef or pork.
is a delicious way to enjoy stir fry that is full of fresh veggies with a spicy kick.
MORE HUNAN CHICKEN RECIPES READERS LOVE!
egg roll in a bowl – quick & easy weeknight meal
minestrone soup – the classically delicious version
ham fried rice – Easy favorite!
sesame noodles – Easy to make!
korean army stew – Classic recipe!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup celery thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper cored seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 onion cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons green onion minced
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chili paste
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over high heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan in a single layer and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until browned. Cook in multiple batches if needed.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Add the broccoli, celery and bell pepper to the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add the chicken back to the pan with the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice vinegar, chili paste and 2 teaspoons cornstarch.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables, bring to a simmer. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with green onions before serving.
18 thoughts on “Hunan Chicken”
They look so good, Delicious, and very easy recipe!