Iranian Persian bread is a type of Persian bread in Iran. They have a crusty finish while remaining soft inside and can be made in a variety of sizes. You can sprinkle some sesame seeds or caraway seeds before baking.
Iranian Persian bread recipes
MORE DELICIOUS SIDES
Iranian Persian bread
Iranian Persian bread is a type of Persian bread in Iran. They have a crusty finish while remaining soft inside and can be made in a variety of sizes.
Servings: 6 bread
- 8 oz Unbleached white bread flour
- 1/2 oz Fresh yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2/3 cup warm water
- Oil for brushing
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Mix the yeast with the luke warm water. Pour it into the centre of the flour, sprinkle a little flour over and leave in a warm place for 15 minutes. Mix to a dough, then turn out into a lightly floured surface and knead for 8 – 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with an oiled clear film and leave to rise for 45 – 60 minutes, or until doubled.
- Knock back the dough and turn out to a floured surface. Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces and roll each one to about 4 x 2 inch ( 10 x 5 cand about 12 in ( 1 cthick. Space well apart on the baking sheets, and make four slashes in the tops.
- Cover the breads with lightly oiled clear film and leave to rise, in a warm place, for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle a few sesame seeds. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 F 200 C . Brush the breads with oil and bake for 12 – 15 minutes, or until pale golden. Serve warm.
Calories: 139kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 390mg | Potassium: 52mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg139
6 thoughts on “Iranian Persian bread”