lemon chicken thighs
roast lemon chicken thighs with crispy skin, seared then oven baked for tender and juicy chicken full of flavour!
How to make lemon chicken
Our lemon chicken recipe starts off seared in a pan first. Searing skin-side down in a hot skillet over medium-high heat gives the skin time to get the crispy texture we love so much, while roasting them finishes cooking them off, giving you tender, juicy meat.
Thoroughly pat skin dry with a paper towel.
Use a cast iron skillet or oven-proof stainless steel pan and heat over medium heat until hot.
Add in a tiny amount of oil (about 2 teaspoons) and wait for it to shimmer. When it’s hot enough, add your chicken as mentioned above.
Once skin has seared, flip and continue searing the underside for a crispy, golden meat base.
Transfer the pan or skillet to a hot oven and roast for 15 – 20 minutes until done and cooked through to the bone.
Baste with pan juices when serving.
Oven Roasted Lemon Pepper Chicken is so easy to make and packed with delicious lemon pepper flavor! These chicken thighs come out of the oven with a crispy outside and juicy center!
MORE LEMON CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPES READERS LOVE!
bacon wrapped chicken – Classic perfection
Chicken Stir Fry – quick and creamy
Sauteed Shrimp -super easy!
Pumpkin Muffins – the classically delicious version
Spam fried rice – Easy and delicious!
baked sweet potato – easy favorite!
lemon chicken thighs
- 4-6 chicken thighs skin-on bone-in, trimmed of excess fat
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley plus extra to garnish
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Thoroughly pat thighs dry with paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large oven-proof pan or skillet over medium-high heat. When pan is HOT, sear chicken skin-side down for 5-8 minutes, until crispy and golden browned. Flip and sear the underside for another 5 minutes, until the meat is golden.
- Move thighs to the side and add the garlic to the pan juices. Sauté until fragrant . Pour in the lemon juice and stock, then add in the herbs.
- Transfer chicken to hot oven and roast until completely cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with extra parsley, if needed. Serve with lemon slices.