My favorite homemade coleslaw recipe with the most delicious creamy dressing. If you’re looking for a solid, dependable coleslaw that promises to play nice with all the burgers and hotdogs at your next backyard party.
How to make the best light coleslaw recipe
This coleslaw is quick and easy to make. is packed with fresh, lively flavors that wake up anything you serve it with. Try this as a topping to sandwiches, served next to ultra-savory meats, like braised beef or pulled pork.
Freshly made coleslaw tends to be at its crunchiest, creamiest best if eaten on the day it’s made.
MORE LIGHT COLESLAW RECIPES READERS LOVE!
shrimp and celery salad – the classically delicious version
crispy chickpeas recipe – packed with flavor, texture & color!
cucumber salad recipe – Easy and delicious!
baked asparagus fries – easy favorite!
Roasted Curried Cauliflower – super easy!
asparagus risotto recipe – light & flavorful
light coleslaw recipe
- 1/2 small red cabbage
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine cabbage in a large bowl and toss with a large pinch of salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over cabbage. Toss to combine and season with more salt and pepper as desired. stir in cilantro,Transfer to refrigerator and let rest for 30 minutes before serving.
2 thoughts on “light coleslaw recipe”