Mapo Tofu – Learn how to make flavorful, Chinese mapo tofu with this easy recipe, that you can make ,at home Super delicious mapo tofu.
Mapo Tofu is a classic Szechuan dish that features tofu covered in spices . It pairs extremely well with rice, and may even be necessary with how spicy it can get.
Easy mapo tofu recipe with delicious tofu.
MORE RECIPES READERS LOVE!
simple chicken soup recipe – Easy and delicious!
asian chicken salad – Reader favorite recipe
creamy bacon pasta – Classic perfection
Vegan Potato Salad – Super quick!
twice cooked pork belly – easy favorite!
- 4 block silken tofu
- 4 red pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons chili oil
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon scallions chopped
- 2 garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced Ginger
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Cut the tofu into small pieces, drain the water from the tofu and set aside.
- Heat up a wok and pour in the cooking oil and chili oil. Add the chopped garlic, red pepper, Ginger and stir-fry. Then add in chili powder, soy sauce, and stir-fry until aromatic.
- Add in the tofu and water; stir gently to blend the tofu (don't break thewell with the sauce. Lower the heat and simmer for about 3-5 mins or until the sauce thickens.
- Add chopped scallions. Gently stir and blend well. Dish out and serve hot.
6 thoughts on “mapo tofu recipes”