mapo tofu recipes
Mapo Tofu – Learn how to make flavorful, Chinese mapo tofu with this easy recipe, that you can make ,at home Super delicious mapo tofu.
Mapo Tofu is a classic Szechuan dish that features tofu covered in spices . It pairs extremely well with rice, and may even be necessary with how spicy it can get.
Easy mapo tofu recipe with delicious tofu.
MORE DELICIOUS SIDES
- 4 block silken tofu
- 4 red pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons chili oil
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon scallions chopped
- 2 garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced Ginger
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Cut the tofu into small pieces, drain the water from the tofu and set aside.
- Heat up a wok and pour in the cooking oil and chili oil. Add the chopped garlic, red pepper, Ginger and stir-fry. Then add in chili powder, soy sauce, and stir-fry until aromatic.
- Add in the tofu and water; stir gently to blend the tofu (don't break thewell with the sauce. Lower the heat and simmer for about 3-5 mins or until the sauce thickens.
- Add chopped scallions. Gently stir and blend well. Dish out and serve hot.