This Mexican Street Corn Salad is the perfect summer recipe when good corn is in season!
this Mexican version features bold flavors like chile, lime, and cilantro. It’s the perfect side dish to go with grilled chicken tenders or shrimp skewers. Everyone will love this!
How to Make Mexican Street Corn Salad
First, you’ll start by cutting the corn kernels from the cobs.
Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn, season lightly with salt and cook, stirring about every 2 minutes, until golden brown.
In a large bowl, Let the corn cool to room temperature, then place it in a bowl with the red bell pepper, Yellow bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, and chopped cilantro. combine the mayo and lime juice.
then add the cheese, pepper, and salt. then serve right away.
MORE MEXICAN CORN SALAD RECIPES READERS LOVE!
pineapple mango salsa – The perfect summer recipe
Chicken Nachos – Classic perfection
Mongolian Chicken – Favorite recipe!
Huevos a la Mexicana – Easy and delicious!
Bacon Mushroom Pasta – light & flavorful
coconut shrimp recipe – packed with flavor, texture & color!
tofu stir fry recipe – quick and creamy
asparagus risotto recipe – Easy and delicious!
Mexican corn salad recipe
- 3 cups corn kernels fresh or frozen
- 1 red bell pepper cored seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Yellow bell pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeds and ribs removed then finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup cotija cheese finely grated
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the corn to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes or until lightly charred. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, Let the corn cool to room temperature, then place it in a bowl with the red bell pepper, Yellow bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, and chopped cilantro. combine the mayo and lime juice.
- then add the cheese, pepper, and salt. Season to taste and serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.