Chicken and rice soup is a comforting and delicious one-pot meal that the whole family will love! One-Pot Chicken and Rice Soup! Throw bone-in chicken, rice, and vegetables together in a pot and simmer until they’re done. Makes the perfect soup recipe for chilly weather!
This Chicken Rice Soup is an easy, healthy soup recipe that’s perfect for chilly days! It’s the easiest soup ever, ready in under an hour.
MORE ONE-POT CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP RECIPES READERS LOVE!
One-Pot Chicken and Rice Soup
- 2 bone-in chicken breasts skin removed
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 celery ribs diced small
- 2 medium carrots peeled and diced small
- 1 onion diced small
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 quarts unsalted or low-sodium chicken stock
- Juice of 1/2 lemon about 3 tablespoons
- Chopped fresh parsley for serving
- Combine the chicken, white rice, celery, carrots, onions, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large pot. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Bring the soup to a boil and then turn the heat to medium-low.
- Continue to simmer until the rice and vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pot and shred. back to the pot.
- Stir the lemon juice into to the soup, and taste. The soup should taste rich, barely salty, and with just a hint of lemon. Add more salt or lemon juice as needed until it tastes good to you.
- sprinkle with some parsley for serving.