oven baked potato slices recipes . these olive oil and sea salt oven baked potato slices are oven-baked but just as delicious as french fries! Try them dipped in ketchup or sour cream.
Be prepared these baked potato slices will go fast! They are so delicious you will lick your fingers. We try to limit the number of starchy vegetables we eat but this is my favorite way to eat potatoes. Of course, you can cut them in wedges or as fries, they will taste awesome anyway. I like to cut them in slices because I like the texture they get when they are baked that way – soft inside and slightly crispy on the outside.
I love french fries, and pretty much all forms of potato that are crunchy and crispy. I also love to roast just about anything and everything in the oven. In this recipe, I’ve combined both to come up with a wonderful way to make crispy potato rounds that are perfect for dipping.
When making these oven roasted crispy potato rounds, it helps to line your baking pan with something nonstick. Personally, I like to use parchment paper. It releases perfectly and can even be reused.
baked potato slices recipes
MORE POTATO RECIPES READERS LOVE!?
oven baked potato slices recipes
- 4 medium potatoes sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper (if you don't have parchment paper, spritz the sheets with cooking spray).
- Slice the potatoes in 1/6 inch rounds, which is a little narrower than the barrel of a pencil. Toss the rounds in a bowl with the olive oil until thoroughly coated.
- Lay the rounds spaced apart on the baking sheets. Sprinkle them all with sea salt, then flip them all over and sprinkle the other sides with more sea salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the rounds are golden brown all over and a cooled round has a crispy texture on the outside. Remove from oven, cool slightly, and serve with sour cream or ketchup for dipping.