oven roasted potatoes recipes
easy oven roasted potatoes make the ideal side dish for a meat and potatoes dinner.
these easy oven roasted potatoes that I can whip up for a delicious dinner the family will love.
How Long to Roast Potatoes !
The great thing about making roasted potatoes is that you can roast them at pretty much any temperature and they’re much quicker to bake than Baked Potatoes. I find a higher temperature give the best results for a crispy exterior and a fluffy interior
Easy oven roasted potatoes recipes
oven roasted potatoes
- 4 large potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Small handful fresh parsley leaves, minced
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- preheat oven to 450°F/230°C
- Heat 2 quarts (2L) water in a large pot over high heat until boiling. Add 2 tablespoons kosher salt , baking soda, and potatoes and stir. Return to a boil, about 10 minutes after returning to a boil.
- When potatoes are cooked, drain carefully and let them rest in the pot for about 30 seconds to allow excess moisture to evaporate. Transfer to bowl with infused oil, season to taste with a little more salt and pepper, and toss to coat, shaking bowl roughly, until a thick layer of mashed potato–like paste has built up on the potato chunks.
- Transfer potatoes to a large rimmed baking sheet and separate them, spreading them out evenly. Transfer to oven and roast, without moving, for 20 minutes. Using a thin, flexible metal spatula to release any stuck potatoes, shake pan and turn potatoes. Continue roasting until potatoes are deep brown and crisp all over, turning and shaking them a few times during cooking, 30 to 40 minutes longer.
- add garlic and minced parsley. Toss to coat and season with more salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.