peanut noodles recipes. A bowl of noodles into one flavor-packed dish! Whisk it with soy sauce, sesame oil, chili paste and brown sugar and cooked noodles for a simple yet filling meal ready in 10 minutes. These Thai Sesame Noodles are the fastest dinner you can make on a busy day.
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT NOODLES?
To make Peanut Noodles, you only need two ingredients: noodles and peanut sauce.
Cook noodles according to the directions on the package.
Whisk all ingredients for the peanut sauce and combine with noodles.
You can add thinly sliced carrots, edamame beans or split peas, thinly sliced peppers and even cubed chicken to make the dish even more filling. You can go for a simple meal and garnish the noodles with chopped green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
HOW TO MAKE ASIAN PEANUT SAUCE?
To make the peanut sauce, you will need soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar (rice or apple cider vinegar), chili paste (for a little kick) or Sriracha, sesame oil (to enhance the nutty flavor) and of course, peanut butter. Combine all ingredients in a measuring cup (like Pyrex) and whisk until smooth. You can store the sauce in the fridge to use later (just remember to shake well before using) or pour over hot noodles and toss. I like to heat up the sauce in a pan to make sure the peanut butter is nicely melted.
WHAT NOODLES TO USE IN ASIAN NOODLE DISH?
If you look at the Asian section of your grocery store, you will find several kinds of noodles. You can use any you like in this dish! If you don’t want to buy special noodles or don’t have time for a trip to the store, use spaghetti or fettuccine noodles. Ramen noodles from a soup packet work great too! Simply cook and toss with the sauce.
MORE DELICIOUS SIDES
peanut noodles recipes
- 8 oz. noodles fettuccine lo mein or other
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar or honey
- roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons scallions chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili paste
- Cook noodles according to instructions on the package. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large skillet to medium. Add peanuts and stir to coat . Cook for 1-2 minutes, then remove to a plate and set aside.
- Whisk all ingredients for sauce in a small bowl or measuring cup.
- Make sure the sauce is smooth and the peanut butter mixed well with all ingredients. Taste and add more chili paste if needed.
- Heat up the sauce in a pan or in a microwave and pour over noodles. Toss to coat.
- Garnish noodles with chopped green onions and toasted peanuts.
- Serve immediately.