Pesto Mac and Cheese recipes – A fast and flavorful one-pot meal of macaroni and cheese with basil pesto. is so creamy and it’s a quick and delicious family meal.
How to Make Pesto Mac and Cheese Pasta recipes!
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Combine butter and flour in a stockpot to make a roux. Whisk in milk and cook until thickened.
Stir in shredded cheese until sauce is smooth and creamy.
Gently fold in the pasta and enjoy!
Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Pesto Mac and Cheese! A super easy dinner recipe, with loads of flavor!
MORE PESTO MAC AND CHEESE PASTA RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Baked Chicken Breasts – Reader favorite!
shrimp wonton recipe – so delicious!
apple cinnamon muffins – ultimate comfort food!
creamy shrimp salad – great for summer
pan-fried pork chops recipes – tender & succulent meat!
easy garlic shrimp recipes – fresh & flavorful!
garlic butter pasta – super easy
Pesto Mac and Cheese Pasta
- 12 ounces elbow macaroni
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups whole milk at room temperature
- 1 cups parmesan cheese or mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons pesto
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook just until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and whisk in the flour to create a paste.
- Add the milk and whisk until smooth. Increase the heat to medium and continue whisking until the sauce starts to thicken about 2 minutes.
- and add parmesan cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in cooked pasta until well combined. Stir in pesto.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.