pesto pasta salad with fresh basil pesto, spiral pasta, Cashew nuts, peas, and cherry tomatoes. fresh, flavorful, and the whole thing can be put together in 20 minutes.
How to Make Pesto Pasta Salad
Pesto Pasta Salad combines our favorite Italian inspired ingredients in a creamy pesto dressing!
Mix pasta with pesto, Cashew nuts, tomatoes, basil, olive oil: Put pasta in a big bowl. Mix in fresh basil pesto. Gently mix in cherry tomatoes, peas, fresh basil leaves, and olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
Pesto pasta salad is a must-have for all of your summer gatherings.
A bowl was full of pesto pasta salad with farfalle noodles, red and yellow cherry tomatoes, tossed in pesto sauce.
MORE PASTA RECIPES READERS LOVE!
chicken cashew stir fry – super easy!
sauteed spinach recipe – the classically delicious version
Beef Stew Recipe – Easy and delicious!
Arrabbiata Beans – easy favorite!
pineapple mango salsa – The perfect summer recipe
Pesto Pasta Salad
- 3 cups uncooked fusilli pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas defrosted (or fresh if you can get them)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil pesto
- 1/4 cup Cashew nuts
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes halved
- Several fresh basil leaves coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley plus more for garnish
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to package directions.
- Drain the pasta and run cold water over the pasta to cool it down.
- While the pasta is cooking, toast the Cashew nuts in a small pan over medium-high heat. Keep an eye on them because pine nuts can go from lovely and toasty to acrid and burnt in seconds.
- Mix pasta with pesto, Cashew nuts, tomatoes, basil, olive oil: Put pasta in a big bowl. Mix in fresh basil pesto. Gently mix in cherry tomatoes, peas, fresh basil leaves, and olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve, topped with parsley for garnish.