This pork and potato stew is quite popular in my house because it’s really easy to make and pretty quick, especially after a hard day at work. You just throw in it whatever veggies you have on hand, for example I used carrots, celery, whatever veggies you like.
I like the consistency and overall taste of Pork and Potato Stew. The all-purpose flour did a great job in making the sauce thick, while the spices blended together to create a mild flavor that is just right to the palate.
MORE PORK RECIPES READERS LOVE!
pork and cabbage stir fry – fresh & flavorful!
Chicken Stir Fry with Noodles – comfort food
vegetable noodles – super easy
roasted shrimp and veggies – super easy
garlic shrimp pasta – ultimate comfort food!
Hunan Chicken – easy and juicy as can be
chicken pad thai – so delicious!
pork and potato stew
- 1 lb lean pork meat
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 lb potatoes pealed and chopped in 1 inch pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- hot sauce to taste
- chopped parsley
- 3 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- In a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat. When the oil is hot enough, add the chopped onion and cook until onion is translucent, do not burn it.
- Chop the pork meat into 1 inch cubes. Add the pork and garlic to the onion.
- you may use any potato you like. Add the potatoes to the skillet.
- Add the hot sauce, salt and pepper and water to the skillet and stir. add the water, Once it's boiling turn down the heat and cover with a lid and let simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and ketchup if preferred.