This easy Potato Bacon Soup is ready in less than 30 minutes and loaded with crispy bacon, sweet corn, and filling potatoes.super tasty, and easy to make.
I love the combination of hearty potatoes and sweet corn!
The secret why this soup tastes so good is the bacon. This soup doesn’t need many ingredients or spices to taste incredible!
My family loves this bacon potato soup and I love it too because it’s so easy and quick to make.
potato corn soup with Bacon recipes
Turn the heat down and let it simmer for about 25 minutes, then remove the pot from the heat and stir in some grated cheddar cheese and crisp crumbled bacon.
MORE DELICIOUS SIDES
potato corn soup with Bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 bacon strips chopped
- 1 cups milk
- 1 cups chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 can whole kernel corn undrained
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Minced scallions
- Heat up the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Fry the chopped bacon until crispy. Then remove it with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add butter and melt. When the butter has melted add the onion. Add a pinch of salt to help the onion and leek sweat and cook for 3 minutes until tender and transparent.
- Add garlic and corn and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Slowly add chicken broth and then milk. Turn heat up to medium-high, then add potatoes. Season with salt, pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle in scallions and the bacon crumbled on top.