This Potato Curry makes an incredible dinner. It is a one-pot meal that requires minimum ingredients and delivers maximum flavor! This nourishing curry recipe has an irresistible flavor and is the ultimate comfort food dish.
HOW TO MAKE POTATO CURRY
Dice the onion and set aside. Peel the potatoes and cut them into medium-sized cubes.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
Add the garlic and all of the spices, and cook for about 1 minute.
Add the coconut milk, stir well, and add the potatoes. Reduce the heat to low and cover with a lid. Then, let the potatoes simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
Remove the lid and stir in vegetable broth, then season with salt and pepper. Cover again and cook for another 10 minutes.
Serve with fresh cilantro.
This rich, aromatic potato curry is an easy and delicious meatless recipe. Serve with roti and yogurt for a fantastic weeknight dinner.
MORE POTATO CURRY RECIPES READERS LOVE!
diced potatoes – easy favorite!
potato salad with bacon – packed with flavor, texture & color!
Pineapple Pork Chops – The perfect summer recipe
How to cut a mango – Super quick!
Huevos a la Mexicana – Classic perfection
fried mushrooms recipe – light & flavorful
cucumber salad recipe – Easy and delicious!
potato curry recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 4-6 Potatoes chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- 1 14.5 oz can lite coconut milk (or full fat)
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth or water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cilantro for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onions and cook for 2 - 3 minutes, stirring often. Add the ginger, garlic and curry powder and cook for another minute.
- add the curry pastes. Stir everything together until combined.
- Stir in Potatoes and cook for another 30 seconds before adding the coconut milk. Bring this mixture to a boil then cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir in vegetable broth, then season with salt and pepper. Cover again and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with fresh cilantro.