It’s an easy potatoes salad to make, and you can serve it right away warm or chill it. Either way it’s a great side and will be sure to disappear whenever you make it!
How to Make Potato Salad with Bacon:
Boil the potatoes until fork tender . Drain and rinse the potatoes with cold water to prevent them from cooking further.
While the potatoes are cooking, make the bacon. You can make the bacon as crisp as you’d like. When the bacon is cooked to your liking, transfer it to a paper towel-lined plate and crumble it once it’s cool enough to handle.
In that same skillet you cooked the bacon in, sauté the onion and garlic until tender.
Then, whisk together the potato salad dressing in a small bowl. Dice the cooked potatoes and add to a large bowl along with the remaining potato salad ingredients. Toss gently to combine and add more salt and pepper as needed.
Best potato salad with bacon recipes
MORE POTATO SALAD WITH BACON RECIPES READERS LOVE!
sweet potato salad – Classic perfection
Vegetable Beef Soup – delicious classic side dish!
breakfast casserole – Super quick!
Twice Baked Potatoes – Reader favorite recipe
Chicken Nachos – the classically delicious version
Cheesy Potato Soup – light & flavorful
potato salad with bacon
- 1 pounds potatoes cut into bite sized pieces about 1-inch
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1/2 sweet onion peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound bacon cooked til crispy and crumbled or chopped. Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon for garnish.
- 2 green onions green parts only thinly sliced. Reserve 1 teaspoon for garnish.
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped. Reserve 1 teaspoon for garnish.
- 2 hard boiled eggs peeled and sliced.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of salt to the water and stir to dissolve. Carefully add the potatoes to the water and return to a boil.
- Boil the potatoes for between 8 and 15 minutes, depending on what size you cut them. Do this until they are tender and easily pierced with a fork, knife, toothpick, or skewer.
- Drain in a colander, then immediately return the potatoes to the pan.
- Add vinegar and diced sweet onion to the pan and toss to distribute. and whisk to combine.
- Stir in the mayonnaise, green onions, parsley, chopped hard-boiled eggs, and chopped, crispy bacon. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- You can either garnish with the remaining bacon, hard-boiled egg, parsley, and green onion .