I love this soup recipe because it is lite, The combination of sausage and vegetables is delightful and makes this soup very perfect for cooler weather.If the soup gets too thick, just stir in a little extra broth or water.
you will love this soup! One of the perks is that it’s very low in carbs and so easy to make.
What goes in Pumpkin Soup
To make this great quick and easy pumpkin soup, you will need:
Pumpkin – Peeled and chopped into large chunks (or purchase it pre-cut).
Onion and garlic – the secret ingredient that adds extra savouriness into the soup flavour;
broth and water – for a tastier pumpkin soup, don’t skip the broth!
Best pumpkin for pumpkin soup
Use any type of pumpkin you want OR butternut squash (which is called butternut pumpkin in Australia).
Easy pumpkin sausage soup recipes
Common types of pumpkin in Australia that are ideal for pumpkin soup with include: Jap/Kent, Jarradale, Queensland Blue or Butternut Squash. In the US, use any of the pumpkins generically sold as “sugar pumpkins” or “pie pumpkins” – or butternut squash.
MORE PUMPKIN SAUSAGE SOUP RECIPES READERS LOVE!
pumpkin sausage soup
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- sausage 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 lbs. pumpkin
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoon scallions chopped
- Cut the pumpkin into 3cm / 2.25" slices. Cut the skin off and scrape seeds out . Cut into chunks.
- Heat up oil in a pot over medium heat, and add sausage.for cook until browned.
- for Add pumpkin and onion garlic,to the stirring occasionally, cook about 5 minutes.
- Then add salt,black pepper and broth and mix well. Cover and simmer on low another 10-15 minute, until pumpkin is tender. sprinkle with scallions.