Bread Rolls recipes
I love red bean bread, and so does everyone that I know of. Most Asian bakery out there offer red bean bread in their menu. Be it a Chinese bakery, a Korean bakery, or a Japanese bakery, it is almost impossible not to find red bean bread, it’s that popular.
Red Bean Bun dough in a glass bowlAnpan or Red Bean Bun dough divided into 9 portionsThe first rise should take somewhere from 1 hours, may be longer depending on the ambient temperature. Keep the dough covered and in a warmer spot of the house if possible. One batch of dough is enough to make 9 buns. Divide it into 9 equal portions, you can use a kitchen scale to be exact, or just eyeball it.
Best Red Bean Bread Rolls recipes
Flattening dough to fill with red bean paste to make AnpanOne the dough balls are divided, let them rest for 15 minutes to relax the gluten. This will help the next step of filling and shaping the bun easier. When you’re able to shape them more evenly, they will rise and bake more evenly in the oven. Once filled and shaped, they will need to rest for a second rise before baking.
MORE Bread Rolls RECIPES READERS LOVE!?
Red Bean Bread Rolls
- Bread dough
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 1/2 cup bread (or all purpose ) flour
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- Other ingredients
- red bean paste recipe
- Bread dough
- Mix 1 cup warm milk with active dry yeast and 1 tablespoon sugar. Set aside until foamy, about 15 minutes.
- Sieve together bread (or all purposflour, cake flour, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the flour ingredients, and the foamy yeast solution into the well. Knead into a non-sticky, soft, elastic, and smooth dough. Hand knead is about 20 minutes.
- Place the dough in a mixing bowl, cover with a wet kitchen towel/plastic saran wrap. Let the dough proof until the volume is doubled, about 1 hour in a warm kitchen.
- Bread rolls
- Prepare sheets lined with parchment paper. Set aside
- Punch the dough to release air bubbles, knead for 2 minutes, then divide the dough into 9 equal portions.
- While the dough is resting, divide the red bean paste into 9 portions, about 27~28g each, and roll them into balls. Cover and set aside.
- Take one portion of dough, roll into a circle, Place one red bean paste to the centre of the dough, wrap it up and seal tightly.
- Wrap your palm around the dough and let it roll within your palm, to shape it. Place onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat for the rest of the bread dough.
- Cover the bread rolls with wet kitchen towel/saran plastic wrap. Let the bread rolls proof until the volume doubles, about 1 hour in warm kitchen.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degree Celsius.
- Bake at 170 degree Celsius, at lower rack of the oven for about 17 to 20 minutes, or till the top turns golden.
- Transfer the hot bread to cool on a wire rack. Enjoy
8 thoughts on “Red Bean Bread Rolls”