This quick and easy recipe for oven-roasted asparagus is the perfect spring side dish.
The easiest way to get asparagus into your diet is to roast them. Throw them on a baking sheet or tray and let the oven work its thing.
OVEN ROASTED ASPARAGUS INGREDIENTS:
Fresh Asparagus: want to look for fresh asparagus at the store that is brightly colored, with plump and green stalks, and with the ends tightly closed.
Asparagus spears can range in thickness, The important thing is just that the tough ends be trimmed off before roasting. To know where to trim, just bend the bottom half of an asparagus stalk until it naturally snaps in two.
Fine sea salt
Freshly-cracked black pepper
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED ASPARAGUS:
Heat oven. Heat oven to 400°F.
Prepare asparagus. Arrange the asparagus on the baking sheet in an even layer. Drizzle evenly with the olive oil, then briefly toss the asparagus so that it is evenly coated in the oil. Sprinkle evenly with a few generous pinches of salt and pepper.
Roast. Bake for 12 minutes, or until the asparagus reach your desired level of tenderness. (Cook time will vary depending on the thickness of your asparagus spears.)
Serve. Taste and season with extra salt and pepper, if needed.
MORE ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Raisin Bran Muffins – Quick family favorite.
baked sweet potato – super easy
Sauteed Cauliflower – Easy to make!
chicken with sugar snap peas recipes
Instant Pot Beef Stew – fresh, easy & delicious
mushroom fried rice – Easy favorite!
- 1 pound asparagus spears thick spears are best for roasting
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly grated black pepper
- Preheat oven and prep asparagus: Preheat your oven to 400°F. Rinse the asparagus spears. If the ends are tough, break them off and either discard or save for stock.
- Drizzle asparagus with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic: Arrange the asparagus spears in a single layer on the lined roasting pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and rub the spears all over with the olive oil to coat. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and minced garlic.
- Roast in oven: Roast at 400°F for 12 minutes, more or less, depending on your particular oven and how thick the spears are, until the asparagus are just lightly browned and tender when you pierce them with a fork.
- Drizzle with lemon juice or balsamic to serve.
4 thoughts on “Roasted Asparagus”