These roasted carrots are cooked simply with olive oil, salt and pepper. By keeping the seasonings simple, the sweet flavor of the carrots shines through!
This easy recipe takes just a few minutes！
how to roast carrots !
Peel carrots or leave them with skin on: this is personal preference. You’ll need a rimmed baking sheet, carrots, oil, and seasonings. Give the ingredients a toss in a mixing bowl, add them to the baking sheet and roast them until they’re tender and a bit caramelized.
Tips for perfect roasted carrots
Cut the carrots evenly: if carrots are cut unevenly (with some thick and others thin) they won’t roast evenly and you’ll end up with some that are burnt and others that aren’t cooked all the way.
MORE ROASTED CARROTS RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Sauteed Cabbage – – delicious classic side dish!
bacon spaghetti recipes – The perfect recipe
Pumpkin Soup – light & flavorful
homemade churros – Classic perfection
garlic butter pasta – Super quick!
Easy fried rice -super easy!
- 2 pounds carrots
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Optional garnish: 2 teaspoons chopped fresh green onions or parsley .
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup, if desired.
- To prepare your carrots, peel them and then cut them on the diagonal so each piece is about ½″ thick at the widest part.
- Place the carrots on the baking sheet. Add the olive oil and salt.
- Toss until the carrots are lightly coated in oil and seasonings. Arrange them in a single layer. Roast the carrots until they’re caramelized on the edges and easily pierced through by a fork, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately, sprinkled with parsley if desired.