This Sweet Potato is melt-in-your mouth delicious! You know how much I love sweet potato recipes!
This is a super simple side dish to make that just involved a little slicing.
These roasted sweet potatoes have a crispy caramelized exterior and a soft irresistible interior. The optional seasoning blend adds a perfect accent to these potatoes without masking their natural sweetness or flavor.
How to pick a good sweet potato
Red and orange sweet potatoes are often labeled as “yams” at the grocery store which is actually inaccurate. True yams are starchier and drier than sweet potatoes with a thick and fibrous skin. (They’re also usually hard to find in American grocery stores.)
Now that you’ve got some sweet potatoes, let’s talk cutting.
There are a lot of different ways that you can cut sweet potatoes for roasting – you can make roasted sweet potatoes wedges or crispy roasted sweet potatoes fries. You can even roast sweet potato halves! Thicker, bigger cuts will need a longer bake time, and thinner cuts will need a shorter amount of time in the oven. For this particular recipe, we’re making roasted sweet potato cubes, and I recommend cutting the sweet potato into ½ inch chunks.
It really is a snap to throw this side dish together and the flavors are spot on!
MORE SWEET POTATO RECIPES READERS LOVE!
roasted sweet potato recipes
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes thinly sliced(about 3 medium/large sweet potatoes)
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss together the sliced sweet potatoes and melted butter. Add the salt and toss to coat.
- Use a medium-sized round or oval baking dish and line the sweet potato slices so they are close together and form a circular pattern.
- Pour any extra butter from the bowl on top of the sweet potato slices.
- Cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 15 minutes, until the cheese is brown and the edges of the potatoes are getting crispy. Enjoy!