Roasted chicken recipes, and this Roasted Chicken is an easy way to take a simple roasted chicken to the next level. Roasting chicken is not only simple and economical. So much flavor is packed in the seasoning combination, combined a bit of lemon for an aromatic and drool-inducing meal.
HOW LONG DO YOU ROAST A CHICKEN?
Generally speaking, a whole chicken needs to cook at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes per pound. I cook my chicken at a higher temperature, 400 degrees F, to get that deep golden brown crispy skin, so it should take more like 15-16 minutes per pound.
HOW DO YOU PREPARE A CHICKEN FOR ROASTING?
To prepare a whole chicken for roasting, you’ll want to remove the giblet bag if there’s one inside the chicken cavity. The next step is to tuck the wings underneath the breast to prevent the wing tips from burning. Finally, tie the legs together with kitchen twine.
MORE ROASTED WHOLE CHICKEN RECIPES READERS LOVE!
roasted whole chicken recipes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- Place the chicken on a work surface or cutting board and pat it dry with paper towels. Cut off and discard any extra fat hanging around the body cavity.
- In a bowl, mix the salt, sugar, soy sauce. Rub the chicken with the mixture. drizzle the oil on the chicken and rub it all over the skin. Season generously inside and out with salt and pepper. Cover chicken, Refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours. ( place in the refrigerator for 24 hours)
- Heat the oven to 425°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Roast the chicken in the oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 375°F and continue roasting until the juices run clear and a thermometer inserted into the inner thigh (but not touching the bonregisters 165°F, about 50 minutes to 1 hour more.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and place on a cutting board. Let the chicken rest for 10-15 minutes before carving.
4 thoughts on “roasted whole chicken recipes”