Here’s to quick & delicious dinners! This Spicy Sausage and Broccoli Pasta is another dish that can be whipped up in practically the same amount of time that it takes to boil the pasta. You gotta love that! Can also be served with honey garlic chicken wings and Roasted mushrooms.
I chose to use frozen broccoli florets because they’re already blanched prior to freezing. This makes the cooking processes much faster. Plus, you can buy it and stash it in the freezer until you’re ready to use it without worry that it will get wilty and moldy like it does in the bottom of your refrigerator!
If you aren’t a fan of broccoli or have any picky eaters, feel free to switch your veggies up.
Broccoli Sausage Pasta – An easy and flavorful one pot pasta that is ready to eat in 30 minutes! This hearty one pan dinner is full of delicious smoked sausage, broccoli, and cheese!
How to make orecchiette with sausage and broccoli !
Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large sauté pan and add the sausage.
Cook, breaking the meat up with a spoon, until the sausage starts to brown, 5-6 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook a minute more.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoons of olive oil, broccoli, chicken broth, salt and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring frequently, until the broccoli is tender-crisp, 3-4 minutes.
Add the sausage and broccoli mixture to the drained pasta and toss well, along with half of the grated cheese.
sausage and broccoli pasta recipes
MORE PASTA RECIPES READERS LOVE!
spaghetti sauce recipes – Quick family favorite.
chicken fried rice recipes – Easy favorite!
cornbread recipe – Classic recipe!
Bacon Mushroom Pasta – quick & easy weeknight meal
Vegetable Soup with Noodles – perfect for any recipe!
fried cabbage – Easy to make!
sausage and broccoli pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 lb. broccoli florets
- 1 lb. bow tie pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions (boil for 7-10 minutes or until al dente). Drain in a colander.
- While the pasta is cooking, begin the rest of the dish. Mince the garlic. Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add the red pepper flakes and saute for 1 minute more.
- Squeeze the Italian sausage out of the casing into the skillet. Break it up with a spatula as it cooks. Saute until cooked through. Add the broccoli to the skillet and saute for 3-5 minutes or just until the broccoli is tender.
- When the pasta is cooked and drained, add it to the skillet with the sausage and broccoli. Stir to coat it in the garlic and red pepper infused oil. Sprinkle with salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, stir, and serve warm!