These freezer breakfast burritos, filled with sweet sausage, seasoned potatoes, cheese, scrambled eggs.
How To Make Breakfast Burritos
For the breakfast burritos with an extra kick, use spicy sausage! For a milder flavor use a regular ground sausage!
Cook sausage & hash browns. Cook eggs just until set.
Warm tortillas and fill each with hash browns, cheese, eggs, and a little scoop of salsa.
Wrap burrito style and serve warm.
These make-ahead frozen breakfast burritos are filled with sausage, bacon, eggs, potatoes, veggies, and cheddar cheese.
MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES READERS LOVE!
how to boil eggs – Easy favorite!
Scottish Morning Rolls – Easy to make!
breakfast casserole – fresh, easy & delicious
sausage and broccoli pasta – succulent pork
zucchini frittata recipes – the classically delicious version
Asparagus Frittata – super easy
sausage breakfast burritos
- 1 pound sweet pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 to 3 medium Yukon potatoes diced
- 4 ounces mild or sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 6 large burrito-sized flour tortillas
- 6 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the pork sausage. Break it up as it cooks until it’s browned evenly. Transfer the cooked pork to a bowl.
- Add the potatoes to the skillet used to cook the pork and cook until they are tender and browned in spots, 8 to 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the diced peppers and onions and continue to cook until the veggies soften another few minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove the skillet from heat.
- In a separate nonstick skillet over low heat, add the butter. Whisk together the eggs in a medium bowl. Once the butter has melted, add eggs and cook until scrambled and set, but not completely dry.
- Once your fillings are cooled slightly, layout a large flour tortilla on a clean surface.
- Arrange 6 pieces of foil with a flour tortilla in the center of each. Divide hash brown mixture, eggs, cheese, and salsa over tortillas.
- Fold the sides over the filling and then roll the tortilla into a tight burrito. Immediately roll the burrito in foil. Repeat with all burritos.
- Enjoy immediately or wrap the burritos in the foil and store it in a plastic zip-top bag in the freezer.