Sausage Fried Rice is a quick and easy fried rice recipe that’s perfect for a weeknight meal. First, prepare your sausage, and rice .
The key to making crisp and flavorful fried rice at home is chilling the rice before using it. I’m talking overnight people. The longer it chills and dries out, the better the result!
Heat your wok over medium high heat and spread 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil around the perimeter of the wok. Next, add the 2 beaten eggs to the oil, scrambling them and breaking them up into smaller pieces with your wok spatula just until done. Transfer them back to the bowl you used to beat them, and set aside.
Heat the wok over medium heat, and spread 1 tablespoon oil around your wok. Add the sausages , and stir-fry for 20 seconds. You can steam or boil the sausage before cutting for a softer texture.
Best sausage fried rice recipes
Turn the heat up to high, and add the rice. Use your metal wok spatula to flatten out and break up any clumps. If using leftover white rice, you will have to cook and stir fry the rice longer to heat it through.
Once the rice is warmed, pour the sauce mixture you prepared earlier evenly over the rice.
Mix the lop cheung fried rice using a scooping motion with your spatula for 1-2 minutes, until the rice is evenly coated in the sauce. At this stage, there shouldn’t be any more clumps of rice, and it should be steaming as the sauce distributes and cooks. Add the cooked egg.
Our family loves this fried rice and I think yours will too! It’s crisp, flavorful and loaded with veggies and egg- just the way it should be!
MORE SAUSAGE FRIED RICE RECIPES READERS LOVE!?
sausage fried rice recipes
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 sausages
- 14 oz cooked rice
- 4 oz peas
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 scallions chopped
- For the sauce
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Thinly slice sausage diagonally. Finely chop spring onion.
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat . Add 1 tbsp. of the butter into the pan. Once the butter has melted, add the lightly beaten eggs. Once the eggs are fully cooked, remove them and set them aside.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan- when it's hot, add the sausage and peas, then add the garlic and cook until fragrant, taking care not to brown.
- Turn the heat up slightly and add the cold rice . Stir constantly, Cook the the mixture for about 3-4 minutes.
- then add the eggs, green onion, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Cook for a few more minutes or until the mixture is hot.
- Season with salt and pepper, serve immediately.