This scalloped corn is a creamy, cheesy casserole made with plenty of corn and crushed crackers. A delicious side dish that’s easy enough for an everyday dinner yet decadent enough to serve for a holiday meal.
HOW TO MAKE SCALLOPED CORN CASSEROLE
Drain liquid from whole kernel corn, reserve the liquid
Slightly beat eggs and then add whole kernel corn and a portion of the reserved liquid
Add cream style corn, evaporated milk, butter, onion and seasonings – stir together
Fold in Bread crumbs and cheese
Bake for an hour at 350ºF and serve warm
check at 40-50 minutes to see how it is doing. If it is jiggly in the center it is not cooked. Remove from oven once the center is set, it will still look wet but will not be very jiggly.
If the top starts to become too browned, lightly cover with a piece of tin foil.
Serve hot, Enjoy!
Grandma Jane’s Scalloped Corn is my favorite corn dish to make, and my favorite to eat. It’s like eating a delicious, sweet corn souffle.
Best Scalloped Corn Casserole recipes
MORE SCALLOPED CORN CASSEROLE RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Chicken Corn Soup – Comforting and delicious!
Chicken Piccata – Simply classic.
mushroom fried rice – Favorite recipe!
garlic butter pasta – set it and forget it!
Sauteed Shrimp – so easy!
Scalloped Corn Casserole
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups corn kernels fresh or thawed from frozen
- 1 cups Bread crumbs
- 1 cups white cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2 or 3 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the eggs ,Add the sugar, salt, corn kernels, Bread crumbs and the cheddar cheese shredded to the bowl. add the cream, Mix until well combined.
- Spread the corn mixture into the prepared dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until edges of the casserole are just set.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Let sit for 5 minutes, then serve.