Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles are fresh, flavorful. We make a variety of zucchini noodles, especially during the summer when we have a bunch of garden zucchini to use up.
How to Make Veggie Noodles with Zucchini
When you are making veggie noodles you can make them using many different vegetables.
If you want noodles that resemble spaghetti you will want a spiralizer. This is a simple kitchen gadget that lets you put the vegetables in one end and it cuts it down into noodle-like strands.
MORE SHRIMP WITH ZUCCHINI NOODLES RECIPES READERS LOVE!
zucchini frittata recipes – the classically delicious version
pork and potato stew – Easy and delicious!
Sesame Noodle Salad – summer perfection
greek chickpea salad – super easy!
Firecracker Prawns – packed with flavor
Singapore Noodles with Shrimp – packed with flavor, texture & color!
Chicken Noodle Soup recipes – light & flavorful
shrimp with zucchini noodles
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Slice each zucchini down its length using a vegetable peeler or on a mandolin, creating long, thin ribbons.
- Heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a large pan or skillet. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Then add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper to taste and sauté for 1-2 minutes on one side (until just beginning to turn pink), then flip. Transfer to a plate.
- Pat the excess moisture from the noodles. Place the skillet back over medium-high heat, and add a bit of cooking oil.
- Toss the zucchini gently in the pan so that it just begins to lose its stiffness. You want it to be al dente, just like pasta. The whole process shouldn’t take more than 3 minutes.
- Whisk lemon zest and juice into the brown butter and garlic. Off the heat, add the shrimp back to the pan with the zucchini and pour the lemon-garlic butter over top.
- Toss to combine. Top with fresh parsley and serve.