Shrimp Wontons – Super easy recipe with fresh shrimp wrapped with wonton skin and then steamed.
To make the shrimp wonton:
Take a wonton wrapper, and fill it with around 1 teaspoon of filling. Using your index finger, rub the egg along all 4 edges of the wonton wrapper. Fold 2 corners together, and seal up that side of the wonton.
Fold in the other two corners so that all corners meet together.
MORE SHRIMP RECIPES READERS LOVE!
shrimp and scallop pasta – Easy and delicious!
shrimp skewers recipes – packed with flavor, texture & color!
mushroom fried rice – Classic perfection
Shrimp and asparagus pasta – Super quick!
how to cook an omelette – Favorite recipe!
butter shortbread cookies – easy favorite!
easy cucumber salad – light & flavorful
mango chicken recipe – The perfect summer recipe
shrimp wonton recipe
- 8 oz raw shrimp or jumbo prawns
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 25 wonton wrappers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- Shell and de-vein the shrimp. Then, chop it into smaller pieces.
- In a medium bowl, mix the shrimp, salt, green onions, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
- Scramble the egg in a small bowl.
- Take a wonton wrapper, and fill it with around 1 teaspoon of filling. Using your index finger, rub the egg along all 4 edges of the wonton wrapper. Fold 2 corners together, and seal up that side of the wonton. Fold in the other two corners so that all corners meet together. An X-shaped tent should start to form. Seal up the wonton by pressing the edges together.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F . Grease a baking sheet with foil or cooking spray.
- Place the wontons onto the baking sheet. Bake the wontons for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Serve warm with dipping sauce.
1 thought on “shrimp wonton recipe”