Sausage Add the green peas, a generous amount of chopped carrots, chicken stock, this Slow Cooker Split Peas Soup recipes to easy.
Sausage and Carrots is a healthy dinner that can cook all day while you’re at work.
MORE SLOW COOKER PEA SOUP WITH SAUSAGE AND CARROTS RECIPES READERS LOVE!
pecan roasted butternut squash
Slow Cooker Pea Soup with Sausage and carrots
- 2 cups green peas do not need soaking
- 2 cups cubed fully sausage
- 1 onion chopped into small pieces (about 1 cup chopped onion)
- 2 carrots chopped into small pieces (about 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon scallions chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut sausage lengthwise into fourths, then slice the strips into pieces about 1/2 inch square.
- Brown the sausage in a non-stick pan, stirring occasionally, until sausage pieces are well-browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. ( need a bit of olive oil.) Add onions, then add split peas, chopped carrots, Move to slow cooker,add the chicken stock and water .
Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 8-10 hours. I usually stir once or twice, but it’s not essential.
- When all the split peas are disintegrated into the soup, check the consistency to see if you want to add more water. Season to taste with salt and fresh ground black pepper.and scallions.
Calories: 330kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 646mg | Potassium: 672mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 5712IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 2mg330