spaghetti sauce recipes
homemade spaghetti sauce recipes
This sauce will turn your Homemade Spaghetti dish into a hit at any meal. With simple ingredients, this is an Easy Homemade Spaghetti Sauce made from scratch. Add this sauce to any pasta dish to make an instant classic. Serve with this tasty Garlic Bread for a complete meal.
HOW DO YOU MAKE HOMEMADE SPAGHETTI SAUCE FROM SCRATCH?
Start with great ingredients: Canned tomatoes, onions, garlic, herbs and spices.
Let it all simmer! The key to a great spaghetti sauce is giving it time to let those flavors really meld together. Thus, the simmer time, which also reduces the sauce and helps it thicken, is key to amazing flavor and consistency. Its best to simmer in a thick bottom dutch oven pot, this one is my favorite.
WHAT CAN YOU PUT IN YOUR HOMEMADE SPAGHETTI SAUCE?
One of the things I absolutely love about this recipe is it is so easy to customize. Want ground meat in your sauce? Add some. Want vegetables? Add some. Want a little extra garlic flavor? This sauce is a fantastic base to add whatever makes you happy. Here are a few suggestions:
Italian sausage, brown ground sausage, drain the fat, and add it to your homemade spaghetti sauce during the last hour of simmer.
Carrots and zucchini. Add them when you add the onions, dice them small, or use a grater to grate them. They add amazing flavor.
Mushrooms! I love adding mushrooms to my sauce. Great when added at the same time as the onions.
WHAT VEGETABLES CAN YOU PUT IN YOUR HOMEMADE SPAGHETTI SAUCE?
I don’t put anything other than garlic and onion in for the sauce if I am making it to can or freeze. But when I whip up a dinner with it I will often add carrots, zucchini, and mushrooms.
MORE SPAGHETTI SAUCE RECIPES READERS LOVE!
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 medium-largish onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 16 ounce tomato paste
- 2 peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large pot over medium-high heat,Drizzle in olive oil. When it is heated, throw in the diced onion.Stir it around for 1 minutes.
- then add the garlic. Stir and cook for an additional minute. add ground sausage and crushed tomatoes, Stir to combine, then add oregano, sugar, salt. and chicken broth stir to combine. Place the lid on the pot and to simmer for 40-50 minutes,stirring occasionally. blender to puree the mixture until the desired consistency is achieved,leaving it slightly chunky, or making it completely smooth.
- Serve a plate of spaghetti.