spicy tofu with eggplant recipes . add water and salt to the bowl and add eggplant for 10 minutes so that the eggplant does not change color.
Drain the eggplant, stir in a hot oil pot for 1 minute, and take it out.
the Tofu are dusted with corn starch, then cook for 2-3 minutes on one side, then carefully flip the pieces with a spatula and cook for a few more minutes on each side, until the tofu are golden and crispy on all sides. Remove from the pan and set on a plate.
There are a number of ways to make crispy tofu, but the method I turn to uses a nonstick pan, which ensures that the tofu browns nicely, but doesn’t stick to the pan. Once the tofu browns, the pan is free to stir-fry the eggplant with garlic until it’s nicely seared on the outside, but creamy on the inside.
spicy flavor to tofu and eggplant. Serve with rice to complete the meal.
Easy spicy tofu with eggplant recipes
MORE SPICY TOFU WITH EGGPLANT RECIPES READERS LOVE!
spicy tofu with eggplant
- 1 eggplant sliced
- 1/2 block of firm tofu . cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- celery cut into 1-inch
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tbs salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 green onion minced
- Press the tofu by wrapping in paper towels , and set something heavy on top (like a cast iron pan or a few heavy books). Let it sit for an hour, if possible.
- Slice the pressed tofu into 1/2 inch cubes. Add corn starch and tofu into a bowl. Toss to lightly coat the tofu.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Add the tofu in a single layer. Let cook for 2-3 minutes on one side, then carefully flip the pieces with a spatula and cook for a few more minutes on each side, until the tofu are golden and crispy on all sides. Remove from the pan and set on a plate.
- heat the oil in the pan over medium-high heat, add the eggplant and cook about 1 minutes, remove from the pan.
- In the hot pan, add the garlic, red pepper flakes, celery, salt and the Soy Sauce. and stir constantly.
- Add the crispy tofu and eggplant stir, cook about 2-3 minutes. then turn off the heat.
- Garnish with green onion, parsley
10 thoughts on “spicy tofu with eggplant”