Butternut squash soup with chicken is a one-pot recipe packed with lean protein, savory Italian sausage, tender butternut squash, for a healthy meal.
Butternut squash soup is a comforting recipe. The balance of protein from lean chicken and sausage, with tender squash.
MORE DELICIOUS SIDES
Squash Soup with Chicken
- 1/2 pound chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 fresh Italian sausage
- 1 cups butternut squash cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- Place chicken in a large pot and add enough water to cover by 1-inch,Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.Transfer chicken to a heatproof bowl , Set aside.
- In the large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic stirring. Add sausage and cooking until no longer pink, about 2 minutes. Add cubed butternut squash to the pot, stir, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and chicken stock to the pot. Bring liquid to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer over medium-low heat. Cook until butternut squash is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Taste soup, season with more salt and pepper as desired. freshly chopped parsley, to sprinkle