sticky tofu recipes
can be made pretty quickly at home! Make the sauce in one bowl, cook your tofu until crispy in a pan, then add the sauce . A delicious weeknight meal!
Tofu stir fry, a quick and easy dinner recipe, made in about 20 minutes. It’s so flavorful, high-protein and much healthier than Chinese takeout.
I think this tofu stir fry is the simplest recipe you can make, and is incredible flavorful. Besides, you can use different veggies, depending on what’s in season, your taste of what you have on hand.
I usually serve it with some white or brown rice, but noodles are also a great choice.
HOW DO YOU PRESS TOFU AND WHY?
Pressing tofu is pretty essential if you are going to pan fry it. If the tofu is full of water, it will be nearly impossible to stir fry even with a lot of oil. It will stick to the pan and just not taste very good at all.
Press tofu by wrapping it in paper towels or a clean tea towel and setting something heavy on top of it, like a cast iron pan or a few heavy books.
You can avoid pressing tofu if you buy the super firm variety that is sealed in a vaccum pack, not in water.
Best sticky tofu recipes
MORE TOFU RECIPES READERS LOVE!?
fried potatoes with bacon recipes
shrimp and broccoli stir fry recipes
chicken and bell pepper recipes
sticky tofu recipes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16- oz block extra-firm tofu
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Easy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- for garnishing
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- sesame seeds
- Press the tofu by wrapping in paper towels , and set something heavy on top (like a cast iron pan or a few heavy books). Let it sit for an hour, if possible.
- Make the sauce: In a medium bowl, add all sauce ingredients and whisk well to combine.
- Slice the pressed tofu into 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Add the tofu in a single layer. Let cook for 2-3 minutes on one side, then carefully flip the pieces with a spatula and cook for a few more minutes on each side, until the tofu are golden and crispy on all sides. Remove from the pan and set on a plate.
- In the hot pan, add the garlic. add the sauce and stir constantly until it thickens. Lower the heat.
- Add the crispy tofu and stir, then turn off the heat.
- Serve over white rice, and garnish with green onions, sesame seeds
3 thoughts on “sticky tofu recipes”