Tender zucchini Boats filled with a silky meat sauce, topped with cheese and baked until tender.
How to Make Stuffed Zucchini Boats!
Cut the zucchini! Halve them lengthwise and hollow out the flesh, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick rim around each half.
Make the filling. Chop pieces of sausage and transfer it all to a kitchen strainer. and then add the garlic, onion and salt. Mix until everything’s well combined.
Then mix in the rest of your spices and ingredients and place them in your zucchini boats. and top with cheese.
Bake! Transfer the stuffed squash to a 400-degree oven and bake until the filling is set & nicely golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Garnish with parsley.
Best Stuffed Zucchini Boats recipes
A plate of stuffed zucchini boats filled with a savory meat sauce and topped with mozzarella cheese.
MORE ZUCCHINI RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Chicken Nachos -super easy!
braised pork belly – the classically delicious version
pork stir fry – Easy and delicious!
Twice Baked Potatoes – The perfect recipe
Mongolian Chicken – Reader favorite recipe
Hunan Chicken – quick and creamy
Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage casings removed
- 1/2 cup onion finely diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a large rectangular baking with with cooking spray.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then trim off the stem ends. Use a spoon to carefully scoop the flesh out of the zucchinis.
- Sprinkle the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper over the zucchini shells. Arrange the zucchini in the baking dish.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the sausage and cook for 4-5 minutes, breaking up the meat with a spatula.
- Add the onion and cook for an additional 4 minutes or until onion is softened. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Season the sausage .
- Spread the sausage sauce over the zucchini boats and top with cheese.
- Bake! Transfer the stuffed squash to a 400-degree oven and bake until the filling is set & nicely golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley