This sweet and sour shrimp recipe is made with crispy shrimp, colorful veggies , all tossed in a homemade sweet and sour sauce. The perfect quick and easy summer dinner that’s great for entertaining!
Sweet and Sour Shrimp is one of the easiest shrimp recipes to make at home. This is a simple stir-fry dish with everyday ingredients. This delicious homemade recipe is best with rice or noodles.
How to cook Sweet and Sour Shrimps:
Heat a wok or large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
Once the oil is hot add the shrimp , Transfer cooked shrimp to a clean plate.
In a medium size wok, heat oil . Then add onions and saute again until soft. Add in the bell pepper and saute until it is soft and cooked.
Next, add in the shrimps. Stir until the shrimps are coated with the sauce.
Add in the tomato sauce, cornstarch slurry, vinegar and sugar.
Mix until the cornstarch is well blended and the sauce thickens.
Serve hot. Serve the over the rice and enjoy!
MORE SHRIMP RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Chili Baked Shrimp Recipes – Classic perfection
shrimp skewers recipes – The perfect recipe
braised pork belly – Favorite recipe!
pork egg roll recipes – the classically delicious version
Twice Baked Potatoes – Reader favorite recipe
teriyaki chicken – quick and creamy
sweet and sour shrimp
- 8- ounce Shrimp
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Heat a wok or large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- Once the oil is hot add the shrimp in a single layer, do not move for 1 minute. Stir and cook another 30 seconds. Transfer cooked shrimp to a clean plate.
- Mix all the ingredients for the Sweet and Sour Sauce together. Stir to combine well. Set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the pan, once hot add the bell pepper and onion . Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and ginger, stir-fry for 30 seconds. add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked shrimp, stir to combine and cook until shrimp are warmed through, 2 minutes.
- Pour in the sweet and sour sauce, stir and cook until simmering, 2 minutes.
- Whisk the cornstarch mixture and then gradually add it to the center of the pan. Stir constantly until the sauce is thickened, 30 seconds.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and serve immediately.