Sweet Potato Salad with Bacon. This colorful, zippy salad is the ideal addition to your summer spread.
The BEST Sweet Potato Salad with Bacon! Easy, healthy recipe with no mayo.
A shower of crispy bacon and crunchy celery combined with the golden, tender sweet potato chunks give this salad different textural dimensions. A light sprinkle of green onions adds a subtle but important bite that will leave you craving more.
MORE RECIPES READERS LOVE!
sweet potato salad
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon cooked
- 1 large sweet potatoes — peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 garlic cloves — minced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring a large bot of salted water to a boil, then add the sweet potatoes. Simmer just until fork tender, about 10 to 15 minutes . Drain, then set aside.
- cook the bacon according to these easy steps. Once cool. Add the green onions.
- In a small bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the garlic, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add the sweet potatoes to the bowl with the bacon, drizzle with the dressing, then toss gently to combine. Serve warm, chilled, or at room temperature.