Szechuan chicken is an easy recipe with a perfect harmony of sweetness and spiciness in one savory dish. red chilies provide a lot of the heat and a mild nutty flavor.
You can’t go wrong with the sweet and spicy flavors of this classic recipe. Next time you’re craving Chinese food, skip the take out and make it at home!
How to make Szechuan chicken recipes!
preparing the chicken, cooking the stir-fry vegetables, and then mixing them.
While the chicken and vegetables are cooking, make the sauce. Whisk together all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
Pour the mixed sauce over the meat and vegetables and cook until it has thickened, a few minutes.
Garnish with chopped scallions, Serve immediately.
Watch the how to make Szechuan chicken recipes video！
Szechuan Chicken is a classic Chinese dish that is pretty healthy with an explosion of flavors. If you crave for some delicious and easy to make Chinese food, then this dish is for you.
MORE SZECHUAN CHICKEN RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings – quick and creamy
chicken with eggplant sauce – the classically delicious version
Asian chicken recipes – Favorite recipe!
pineapple chicken – Easy and delicious!
asian noodle salad recipe – The perfect summer recipe
mushroom fried rice – easy favorite!
- For the stir fry
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup yellow onion cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10 small dried red chilies
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the sauce
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Place the chicken in a bowl with the corn starch and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Heat the olive oil and then add the chicken, stirring until no longer pink on the outside, about 5 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add the onion and red and green bell peppers to the pan. Stir in the chilies. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables is softened.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the pan; cook for an additional 30 seconds. Return the chicken to the pan with the vegetables.
- While the chicken and vegetables are cooking, make the sauce. Whisk together all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour the mixed sauce over the meat and vegetables and cook until it has thickened, a few minutes.
- Garnish with chopped scallions, Serve immediately.