This is the classic Three Bean Salad recipe with my little touches that make it even more flavorful than the original.
How to make Three Bean Salad:
First, make the dressing. Combine the sugar, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper. Then pour the dressing in the salad bowl.
To the bowl, add the beans, chopped parsley, and the red onion. Give the ingredients a gentle stir until everything is coated in the dressing.
This 3-bean salad is traditionally dressed with a sweet and sour dressing made with vinegar, oil, and sugar.
MORE THREE BEAN SALAD RECIPES READERS LOVE!
kung pao tofu – fresh
eggplant with garlic recipes – Favorite recipe!
chickpea egg salad – so easy!
ham and bean soup – Comforting and delicious!
Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings – Simply classic.
creamy shrimp salad – The perfect summer recipe
three bean salad recipes
- 15 ounce can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh green beans cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup red onion very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook for 3 minutes or until just tender.
- Allow green beans to soak in an ice water bath while you prepare the dressing., then drain and pat dry.
- Place the garbanzo beans, kidney beans, green beans, in a large bowl. add the red onion and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, sugar, salt, and pepper. Add dressing and toss to combine.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the salad, then serve.