tofu with vegetables
tofu with vegetables recipes
Tofu is usually made into tofu vegetable soup in Asia. I use tofu to stir up colorful vegetables. stir-fry beef or chicken, and replace it with tofu and stir-fry vegetables. This is also a good choice for vegetarian food.
The tofu goes into the pan and gets cooked until browned and crispy. Mix your tofu and veggies with a sweet and savory sauce.
This colorful dish consists of tofu, pan-fried with a small amount of oil to give it that extra texture needed to absorb the sauce without the added fat of deep-frying. I also add fresh vegetables such as broccoli, and onions. The sauce is comprised mainly of every day ingredients and is extremely easy to make.
MORE TOFU RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Easy fried rice – super easy
breakfast casserole – fresh & flavorful!
Mongolian Chicken – succulent & juicy every time!
minestrone soup – super easy
shrimp lo mein – so delicious!
Caramelize Onions – Reader favorite!
tofu with vegetables
- 12 ounce block extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil divided use
- 1/2 cup carrots peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons green onions sliced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- cut the tofu into 1/2 inch cubes and set aside.
- Pour the oil in the pan and place the tofu in the pan in a single layer. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until crispy and golden brown.
- Remove the from the pan and place on a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Add the onions, carrots and broccoli and toss to combine. Mix frequently and sauté until all the vegetables are cooked and tender, yet still remain crispy.
- Add the garlic, ginger, salt and pepper to the pan. Cook for an additional 1-2 minute.
- Once the vegetables are tender and crispy, turn the heat down to medium-low. Add the pan-fried tofu to the vegetables. Slowly add the sauce and toss with the vegetables and tofu.
- In a small bowl mix the 2 teaspoons of cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water.Pour the soy sauce mixture over the tofu and vegetables; cook for 30 seconds.
- Mix slowly on medium-low heat until the sauce starts to thicken and coat the vegetables and tofu.
- Sprinkle with green onions, then serve.