Twice cooked pork or Double cooked pork belly (Huiguorou in Chinese language ) is one of the most famous dishes of szechuan pork recipes.
Serve this pork belly recipe with clam pasta or mushroom fried rice for the perfect meal!
When the pork belly has changed color after boiling, wait until it cools down and cut into thick slices.
Double cooked pork ingredientsAfter boiling and slicing the pork belly, I pan-fried over medium-high heat to render the fat until the edges are browned and crispy.
This delicious twice-cooked Chinese pork belly is really tender and packed with great flavours. Serve with green vegetables and steamed rice
MORE PORK BELLY RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Sweet and sour pork – so easy.
pork and cabbage stir fry – Comforting and delicious!
asian chicken salad – Favorite recipe!
garlic parmesan chicken – My personal favorite!!
parker house rolls – set it and forget it!
chicken broccoli casserole – so easy!
Sauteed Shrimp – Favorite recipe!
twice cooked pork belly
- 300 g pork belly
- 1 green onion
- 2 red chili peppers
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 inch scallion stalk cut into small pieces
- 1/2 thumb ginger sliced
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place pork belly in a large pot with enough cold water to cover. Add 1 green onion and ginger. Bring to boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Transfer out and set aside to cool down.
- Once the pork is chilled use a sharp knife to slice it into (3mm) thick slices.
- Smash the head of garlic sprouts and then cut the head part and leaves into 1.5 inch sections. Remove the seeds of red pepper and cut into pieces too.
- Heat up around 1 teaspoon of oil in wok (not too much, otherwise the dish might be over greasy), fry the pork belly for around 1-2 minutes until they begin to loose oil and slightly brown.
- fry ginger, garlic and scallion until aroma.
- Add red pepper, salt, fry for another half minutes. Lastly, place garlic spouts and light soy sauce. Combine well and transfer out immediately.
- Serve with steamed rice.
7 thoughts on “twice cooked pork belly”
These turned out so yummy! Followed her recipe as stated, it was so easy. Will definitely be making them again!