This simple eggplant recipe is aromatic and flavorful.
This eggplant recipe makes a terrific side dish that can easily,taking it anywhere from mild to spicy hot, according to your liking.
This recipe is a simple midweek dinner that’s easy to make, yet it’s somehow impressive. It’s a simple aubergine stir-fry flavoured with a bunch of aromatics in a salty, sweet and sour glaze served over a bowl of steaming hot rice.
Vegan Stir-Fried Eggplant recipes
To stop the aubergine from soaking up too much oil, you coat it in a thin layer of cornflour first which also produces nice crisp edges during pan-frying. Thanks to aubergine’s firm and meaty texture, this dish is rather satisfying whether you’re vegan or not.
Vegan Stir-Fried Eggplant
- 2 to 3 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 to 2 red chilies depending on how spicy you want it
- 1 Chinese Japanese eggplants large, with dark purple skin
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 2 tablespoon chopped scallions
- Chop eggplant into bite size pieces
- Heat oil in a large skillet to medium. Add peanuts and stir to coat . Cook for 1 minutes, then remove to a plate and set aside.
- Place 2 to 3 tablespoons oil to a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, the garlic, chili, and eggplant. Stir-fry for 5 minutes.When the wok or frying pan becomes dry, add a little of the water a few tablespoons at a time, enough to keep the ingredients frying nicely.Add 2 tablespoons soy sauce and peanuts continue stir-frying for 3 minutes.