This vegetable beef soup is made with tender chunks of beef, plenty of vegetables and potatoes, all simmered in a tomato broth. A hearty one pot meal that’s perfect for a cold night!
How to Make Vegetable Beef Soup :
Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Dab beef dry with paper towels, season with salt and pepper then add the beef and brown about 4 minutes.
Add another 1 Tbsp oil to now empty pot then add onions, carrots, and celery then saute 3 minutes, add garlic saute 1 minute longer.
Pour in broth, tomatoes, browned beef, basil, oregano, thyme and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring once or twice throughout, for 30 minutes.
Add potatoes then continue to simmer, covered, 20 minutes (you can also add green beans with potatoes if you like them very soft).
Add green beans and simmer 15 minutes longer, or until all of the veggies and beef are tender.
Pour in corn and peas and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Best Vegetable Beef Soup recipes
This hearty beef soup packed with veggies comes together in one-pot in less than an hour and is a perfect soup/stew recipe to feed a crowd.
This soup is packed with vegetables, tomatoes, and beef. The beef gets super tender as it cooks in the soup and adds lots of flavor to the broth.
MORE Vegetable Beef Soup RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Cheesy Potato Soup – The perfect recipe
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp – set it and forget it!
chicken vegetable soup – cheesy and delicious
Baked Chicken Legs – Favorite recipe!
vegetable noodles – Comforting and delicious!
Vegetable Beef Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound beef stew meat cut into about 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup carrots diced
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 3 potatoes cubed and peeled
- 1 8 oz. can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 tablespoon sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green beans trim ends first
- 1 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 cups beef stock or chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley
- In a large stockpot, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add half the steak and cook, stirring frequently, until well browned, about 2 minutes. Remove the steak with a slotted spoon and transfer to a separate plate. Add the remaining steak and cook until browned, then remove and transfer to a separate plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pot. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, carrots, celery and potatoes, and continue sauteing for another 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients along with the cooked steak to the pot, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover pot, and simmer for at least 20-30 minutes, or until the steak and vegetables are all tender. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Remove the bay leaves when ready to serve. Serve the soup warm, garnished with chopped fresh parsley if desired.