Vegetable Soup with Noodles recipes . It’s a homemade version of cup-a-soup! with noodles and lots ‘n lots of veggies. Adapt this recipe to whatever veggies you have – fresh or frozen.
I’ve made this cream of Vegetable Soup using ingredients that I spy on the packets of the cup-a-noodle soups. A mixture of fresh (carrots, celery, onion, capsicum) and frozen peas.
I like to break the pasta into short pieces to make them easier to eat with a spoon, because as much as we all love the long pasta pulls, nobody likes hot soup slapping around on their chin.
I use linguine here, but any pasta will do – short or long.
MORE DELICIOUS SIDES
Vegetable Soup with Noodles
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup
- 8 oz linguine or other pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 carrots diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 Tbs parsley fresh finely chopped
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion, cook for 2 minutes. Then add carrot . Cook for a further 2 minutes. Add flour and mix, cook for 1 minute.
- Add about half the broth and mix. Once flour is incorporated into the broth, add remaining broth, milk, water, dried thyme, Mix, then add peas. Bring to simmer then lower heat slightly.
- pasta add into pot. Cook for 10 minutes or until pasta is just cooked. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- garnished with a tiny sprinkle of fresh parsley