vermicelli Stir Fry, “Ants climbing a tree” is a super tasty Sichuan dish containing vermicelli noodles, minced meat and various pungent seasonings.
Balanced flavour: it’s not overly salty but highly fragrant. It’s spicy with a hint of sweetness.
Perfect texture: the vermicelli is soft to chew but not mushy.
Right amount of sauce: most of the liquid should be absorbed by the noodles. Yet it still tastes very moist.
vermicelli Stir Fry recipes
MORE DELICIOUS SIDES
vermicelli Stir Fry
- 1 cup vermicelli
- 1 cup minced pork
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon shallot white white part and green part minced separately
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cups water or chicken stock
- Soak vermicelli in warm water until soft around 10 minutes Move out and drain.
- Heat up oil in wok and fry the ground pork until aroma. Transfer out.
- Add minced garlic, sliced ginger and chopped shallot in wok and stir-fry over medium fire and you can smell the aroma. Return pork and add soy sauce. Mix well.
- Pour 1 cup of clean water (or chicken stock is much better ) and bring everything to boil. Add soaked vermicelli and sugar; give a big stir-fry to mix everything well. (There is no need to cook off all the liquid as the vermicelli continues to adsorb liquid after transferring out)
- Sprinkle chopped green onions and serve hot.