vermicelli Stir Fry, “Ants climbing a tree” is a super tasty Sichuan dish containing vermicelli noodles, minced meat and various pungent seasonings.
Balanced flavour: it’s not overly salty but highly fragrant. It’s spicy with a hint of sweetness.
Perfect texture: the vermicelli is soft to chew but not mushy.
Right amount of sauce: most of the liquid should be absorbed by the noodles. Yet it still tastes very moist.
vermicelli Stir Fry recipes
Watch the how to make Ants climbing a tree recipes video！
Ants Climbing a Tree (ma yi shang shu ) is a classic Sichuan dish consisting of glass noodles in a delicious sauce with ground pork.
Ants Climbing a tree -A simple, homey Sichuan dish that is Flavorful, quick.
MORE VERMICELLI STIR FRY RECIPES READERS LOVE!
sesame noodles – the classically delicious version
baked asparagus fries – Favorite recipe!
shrimp and asparagus stir fry – Super quick!
honey garlic shrimp stir fry – Easy and delicious!
sauteed mushroom recipe – light & flavorful
mushroom broccoli stir fry – Rustic flavors, super easy!
asian noodle salad recipe – light & flavorful
vermicelli Stir Fry
- 1/4 lb vermicelli
- 1/3 lb. ground pork or beef
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon Doubanjiang
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 scallion white white part and green part minced separately
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Red chili finely sliced
- 1 Green pepper finely sliced
- 1 1/4 cup water or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon chopped scallion
- Marinade the minced beef or pork with a pinch of salt.
- Soak Chinese vermicelli in warm water until soft around 10 minutes Move out and drain.
- Heat oil in the wok and fry the ground pork until aroma. Stir-fry until the pork is almost cooked.
- Add the minced garlic, sliced ginger, and chopped scallion in the wok and stir-fry over medium fire and you can smell the aroma. add the Red chili and Green pepper, add the doubanjiang. Stir to mix everything.
- Pour clean water (or chicken stock is much better ) and bring everything to boil. Add soaked vermicelli, salt, and sugar; add the soy sauce. give a stir-fry to mix everything well.
- Reduce heat to simmer over medium heat for about 3 minutes or more, so all the flavors can come together and the vermicelli have absorbed liquid.
- Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle chopped green onions and serve hot.