If you like this recipe, you’ll also love Vanillakipferln, which are similar cookies but made with walnut and are also formed into crescents.
These walnut Crescent Cookies are really easy and quick to make, no refrigerating the dough. Just whip the butter until fluffy beat in the sugar.
Add the rest of the ingredients, bring it all together to form a dough. Shape into the crescent form and bake for about 15 minutes. Then when they are still warm roll in some icing/powdered sugar.
MORE RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Pumpkin Walnut Bread – Classic perfection
Chocolate bread – the classically delicious version
Raisin Bran Muffins – Easy and delicious!
Pumpkin Muffins – packed with flavor
walnut Crescent Cookies
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, add extracts and mix.
- Add flour and almonds, mix thoroughly.
- Take generous tablespoons of dough and roll each into a ball, about one inch in diameter, and then shape into crescents.
- Place onto parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until light-golden-brown.
- Cool cookies on wire racks and dust with powdered sugar.