potato salad with bacon
It’s an easy potato salad to make, and you can serve it right away warm or chill it.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 pounds potatoes cut into bite sized pieces about 1-inch
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1/2 sweet onion peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound bacon cooked til crispy and crumbled or chopped. Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon for garnish.
- 2 green onions green parts only thinly sliced. Reserve 1 teaspoon for garnish.
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped. Reserve 1 teaspoon for garnish.
- 2 hard boiled eggs peeled and sliced.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Bring water to a boil in a large pot high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of salt to the water and stir to dissolve. Carefully add the potatoes to the water and return to a boil.
Boil the potatoes for between 8 and 15 minutes, depending on what size you cut them. Do this until they are tender and easily pierced with a fork, knife, toothpick, or skewer.
Drain in a colander, then immediately return the potatoes to the pan.
Add vinegar and diced sweet onion to the pan and toss to distribute. and whisk to combine.
Stir in the mayonnaise, green onions, parsley, chopped hard-boiled eggs, and chopped, crispy bacon. Transfer to a serving bowl.
You can either garnish with the remaining bacon, hard-boiled egg, parsley, and green onion .
Calories: 1749kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 157g | Saturated Fat: 41g | Cholesterol: 349mg | Sodium: 9691mg | Potassium: 1620mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1128IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 146mg | Iron: 10mg