Stir-Fried Green Bean with Ginger
Green beans stir-fried with ginger, onions, garlic and a little soy sauce.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 pound tender crisp green beans, cut into 1 1/2 to 2-inch pieces
- 1 small yellow or white onion sliced root to stem, about 1 cup of sliced onion
- 1 ounce of fresh ginger peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 large garlic clove sliced very thin
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
In a large skillet over high heat, add the oil and heat until it starts to shimmer.
Add onions, ginger, then garlic: Add the cut green bean, sliced onions, and julienned ginger and toss to combine. Cook on for about 5 minutes, stirring.
Add the mixture of soy sauce and sugar, stir fry a few seconds: Mix the soy sauce and sugar and pour into the pan. Turn off the heat and immediately toss the vegetables to combine.
Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat. Serve immediately.
Calories: 159kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 319mg | Potassium: 289mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 17IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg