Mexican corn salad recipe
This Mexican Street Corn Salad is the perfect summer recipe when good corn is in season!
- 3 cups corn kernels fresh or frozen
- 1 red bell pepper cored seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Yellow bell pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeds and ribs removed then finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup cotija cheese finely grated
Melt the butter in a large pan over medium-high heat.
Add the corn to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes or until lightly charred. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a large bowl, Let the corn cool to room temperature, then place it in a bowl with the red bell pepper, Yellow bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, and chopped cilantro. combine the mayo and lime juice.
then add the cheese, pepper, and salt. Season to taste and serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 251mg | Potassium: 476mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1520IU | Vitamin C: 109mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 1mg