One-Pot Chicken and Rice Soup
Chicken and rice soup is a comforting and delicious one-pot meal that the whole family will love! One-Pot Chicken and Rice Soup
- 2 bone-in chicken breasts skin removed
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 celery ribs diced small
- 2 medium carrots peeled and diced small
- 1 onion diced small
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 quarts unsalted or low-sodium chicken stock
- Juice of 1/2 lemon about 3 tablespoons
- Chopped fresh parsley for serving
Combine the chicken, white rice, celery, carrots, onions, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large pot. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil over high heat.
Bring the soup to a boil and then turn the heat to medium-low.
Continue to simmer until the rice and vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes.
Remove chicken from pot and shred. back to the pot.
Stir the lemon juice into to the soup, and taste. The soup should taste rich, barely salty, and with just a hint of lemon. Add more salt or lemon juice as needed until it tastes good to you.
sprinkle with some parsley for serving.
Calories: 351kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 665mg | Potassium: 390mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 5170IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg